What to do to avoid the deadly virus MERS-CoV
The Department of Health (DOH) recently confirmed that the deadly virus MERSCoV (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus) is now in the Philippines.
I know it is alarming especially for parents like me. We need to know the necessary things to do to be able to protect our family against this virus.
Here are some information about this MERS virus:
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness in humans and animals. In people, coronaviruses can cause illnesses ranging in severity from the common cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). This new coronavirus is now known as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
What are symptoms?
- Breathing Difficulties
- Most patients have/had Pneumonia
- In some cases: Diarrhea
- In advanced cases: Respiratory Failure
How MERS-CoV is transmitted?
- Mingling with affected people
- Droplets from cough or sneezes
- Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth
Is there a vaccine or treatment for MERS-CoV?
No. No vaccine is currently available. Treatment is largely supportive and should be based on the patient’s clinical condition.
What are things we need to do to avoid the deadly virus MERS-CoV?
- Wash your hands properly and frequently (Follow the steps below)
- Cover your mouth every time you cough or sneeze. You can use a handkerchief or tissue.
- Increase your Immune System by sleeping at least 8 hours per day, drink lots of water, do some exercises, eat healthy food. Take Supplements like Vitamin C and multiivitamins.
info via: http://www.thesummitexpress.com/2014/04/doh-confirmed-deadly-virus-merscov-now-in-the-philippines.html
thank’s t you and this blog really help..
Rachel Anne Del rosario says
Thanks for posting this mommy Levy it’s very important for all families to be aware of sickness spreading in our environment and being a mother also i am alert with these kind of spreading diseases because i don’t want to happen again to my son catching another virus disease so this time i have to be extra careful for my family’s health. It’s sad that there is no available vaccine at this moment that can stop this kind of disease.