Skincare 101: Building A Simple Skincare Routine with Skinfood
Korean skincare has been doing wonders for every people who have tried it. However, some people find it hard to look for the right routine for them. Indeed, it can be difficult, especially if your skin type requires a complicated skincare routine. Looking for the right products for you is not the most challenging part; it is the commitment and dedication it needs. Establishing a skincare routine is easy, but sticking to it is what most people struggle to do.
There are various reasons why people find it hard to do it religiously. There are numerous beauty vlogs and articles that will require you to do 10-12 steps for a single routine, which can be too much for most people. We are here to tell you that you do not need those lengthy steps to keep your skin healthy and glowing. If you prefer products made with natural ingredients, Korean beauty products will be your perfect choice.
Many skincare routines require people to do unnecessary things. This guide will help you determine the right skincare for you, so you do not have to blindly follow every video tutorial and beauty article you might find online. Let’s go!
Know your skin.
You are the only person who knows your skin best—starting from what products are suitable for your skin to handling it when it breaks out; you are the only one who knows it best. Knowing what your skin needs will make your skincare routine more effective. Knowing what you want to do with your skin is also vital as the products you use will depend on it. Brightening, moisturizing, and anti-aging are some of the most common skincare regimens people do.
Always check the ingredient list.
You cannot imagine how much money people waste on unused beauty products. It is an unhealthy habit of impulsive buying. You have to give skincare ingredients importance because Korean cosmetic brands like SKINFOOD formulate products with food. If you have a food allergy or medication allergies, you have to take this step more seriously.
Do a routine you will be comfortable with.
We emphasize this because you can only get the maximum benefit from your skincare routine when you do it consistently. Even if it only consists of five steps, as long as you do it every day, it will make a massive difference on your skin. You can gradually increase the products you are using but always start with the essentials.
- Cleanser ─ this is always the first step in every Korean skincare routine you will find. This step is essential to remove dirt, makeup, and other impurities that can hinder your other skincare products from penetrating your skin. If you have large visible pores, we recommend you use Egg White Perfect Pore Cleansing Foam.
- Toner ─ this step helps the skin’s pH level maintain its healthy balance after cleansing. Some toners also come with different benefits such as hydration and moisturization. If you prefer a brightening toner, you should check out Tomato Brightening Toner to achieve a healthy, radiant glow.
- Exfoliant ─ exfoliating every day is not necessary. Only do it if your skin needs extra help in removing dead skin cells, excess sebum, and dirt that starts to clog your pores. This step will keep your skin looking youthful and renewed every time. SKINFOOD’s Pineapple Peeling Gel can keep your skin revitalized.
- Moisturizer ─ the key to healthy skin is keeping your skin well-moisturized at all times. Choose a moisturizer that benefits your skin, not the ones containing harmful chemicals that clog your pores. A powerful moisturizer you can use is Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Barrier Cream, which effectively strengthens the skin barrier and soothes your skin.
- Sunscreen ─ always finish your skincare with sunscreen. Sun damage is the biggest reason why most people get dull, uneven skin tone. Numerous sunscreens are lightweight and moisturizing, so you don’t have to worry about sticky and ghostly effects because of the white casts. If you need a portable sunscreen, Sun Flower Airy Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ is perfect for you.
You don’t need a complicated skincare routine to achieve flawless skin. Just stick to the basics and work your way through it. If you think you need more, incorporate serums and essences into your skincare routine. Also, buy from trusted brands like SKINFOOD to avoid harming your skin. Save this quick guide just in case you or your loved ones need it!
Thanks for sharing this mommy levy? laking tulong po yang mga tips na yan for skin care?
Owen ponce says
These are noted,a must read for us mom,and also very applicable to every woman
jennifer sarno cruz says
Thanks for this wonderful tips mommy levy. Maintening a skin care routine is one of my dilemma.
Karen Joy daban says
Thanks for this Mommy Levy..Save this Info para may guideline ako..
Ma. Kristina Guinto says
This is very helpful! Kaya lang napaka sensitive ng skin ko. Naalala ko nung highschool ako, nakakaubos ng self confidence sa dami ng pimples. Lol
. malaking tulong den po ang pagkaen naten ng masustansyang pagkaen ❤