My recommended movies for kids!
My family loves to watch movies at home, it is one of the things we do together. Husband and I both love Mystery, Suspense, Horror, Adventure, Sci-Fi and Comedy (I am not that fond of Romance and Action that much). When Ren came in the picture, I learned to watch cartoons and love anything from Disney, (my husband is already into cartoons when he was a kid). Although my son loves to watch movies, I see to it that he only watches movies that are kid-friendly meaning no harsh words, not much fighting scenes and it must have something that he will get a moral lesson afterwards.
I compiled some movies that we have already seen and the reasons why we love them.
1. Beauty and the Beast– this is the first movie that my son fell in love with. The main reason I think is that he is fascinated with the song arrangement and the voices of the characters. The moral lesson here is that you should not judge someone because of their appearance. You need to be with them for a while to get to know them more.
2. Toy Story – Who will not fall in love with this movie? It will touch your heart whatever age you are right now. On the first sequel of this movie, Woody felt jealous when Buzz Lightyear took the center stage as the new toy in town. But when the time came that Buzz Lightyear needed Woody’s help, he came to the rescue and they became best of friends. This movie will show kids how to deal with rivalry and that if you give someone a chance, even though you hate him/her he may become the closest friend that you will ever have.
3. Cars– I like the first sequel compared to Cars2, since it is more touchy and dramatic. Ren love this movie because he likes toy car, unfortunately there are a scene there are some words that need to watch out for like “turn on your light you moron” so parents need to guide their kids when watching this movie. Moral lesson here is that helping a friend or anyone is more important than winning, which should be learned by some politician isn’t it?
4. The Incredibles – Nobody is perfect, that is why, even heroes with superpowers have their flaws too. Since the Parrs is a family of superheroes, they are not perfect too. But when they stick together and believe in each others strengths, they can fight evil and save the world.
5. Happy Feet – Since Ren is quite different from his peers, this movie inspired us. This movie shows that being different is not easy, and that you will encounter challenges and bullies on your way, but if you stay true to who you are and as long as you are not hurting anybody, you can inspire change. I believe that Ren will be a blessing and an inspiration to anyone someday.
These movies are just a few of our favorites. Will update this list as soon as I remember other movies we have already watched.
How about you, what are the movies that your kids love and why?