Ways to Reduce the risk of Coronavirus Infection
The coronavirus is now affecting lives of people not only in China but all around the world. Here in the Philippines there are 11 unconfirmed cases already in various locations (again “unconfirmed”).
The coronavirus are a large group of viruses that are common among animals. In rare cases, they are what scientist call zoonatic, meaning they can be transmitted from animals to humans. The viruses can make people sick, usually with a mild to moderate upper respiratory tract illness, similar to common cold.
But even though it’s not yet confirmed we need to make extra measures to take care of our self for us not get the virus.
Here’s a tip from World Health Organization that you need to take note:
- Always clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Avoid unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals
- If you are experiencing a flu like symptoms, consult your doctor immediately.
Increase your immunity and pray! Take care everyone.