How to Sell Your Clothes on Poshmark
If you’re looking to declutter and get rid of some old clothes, then look no further. There’s a really great app called Poshmark which is a social commerce marketplace that allows people to sell and buy clothing, shoes and accessories.
I first heard about Poshmark after learning that a friend was making over $1,000 per month by selling on the platform. She was purchasing clothes from thrift stores and garage sales then posting them for sale on Poshmark.
I figured it would help with paying some bills, so why not get started.
I immediately sorted through all of my old clothing and listed it for sale – eager to make some extra money.
A few weeks went by and I made no sales…
I couldn’t figure out why I hadn’t sold anything. I figured I must have been doing something wrong.
It turns out, I was doing pretty much everything wrong.
Below I’ll list a handful of tips that’ll help you sell more clothes on Poshmark.
- Use all the photo options
- Use a searchable title for your item (popular brand names get a lot of traffic!)
- Create a fun and thorough description for your item. Make sure your grammar and spelling are on point and don’t slack on the details!
- Price your items fairly. Remember, you’re most likely selling used clothes and that’s what people are shopping at your Poshmark store for. Don’t overprice your product!
- Add your special touch. Go the extra mile for your customers (or potential customers). Be quick to respond to their questions and be negotiable when they inevitably offer you less money than you have the product listed for. Of course, don’t be afraid to say no.
These types will undoubtedly help you sell more on Poshmark. I’d also recommend using a Poshmark automation tool to help with doing some of the mundane tasks like following and sharing items.
GUEST POST BY:
Samantha has been working in the digital marketing space for over 5 years now and has been successfully selling on Poshmark for over 3. She enjoys thrifting for old clothes and walking her dog!