Japanese Beef Curry Rice Recipe
I love my Nanay’s version of Filipino style chicken curry. It has coconut milk and taste sweet, but my preference changed when I tasted Japanese curry which is more flavorful and aromatic.
But unfortunately, dining out at Japanese restaurants are a bit pricey. That’s why I’m glad I learned about how to make Japanese curry rice from my kumare The Misis Chronicles.
I made one using a ready cooked Tonkatsu before and just recently, I tried Sakuyaki beef I bought from Landers naman. And believe me, this is way way way better than my tonkatsu!!!
- Curry cubes. For this I used medium hot curry mix only.
- Sukiyaki (I got this brand exclusive from Landers).
- You can add carrots and potatoes, but I only have potatoes at the time I made this. This is optional though.
- oil and water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the sakuyaki until brown. Remove from the pan.
- Saute onion, carrots and potatoes.
- Bring back the sukiyaki. Add water, bring to a boil and cook until the carrots and potatoes are tender.
- For 2 cups of water, add 4 cubes of curry mix. Add more if you want a thicker mixture.
- Serve over rice and eat while it’s hot (it’s better this way I think haha).
We enjoyed this dish too much that I won’t mind eating it everyday.
Try it too, and tell me if you like it.