Nutrition Tips For Kids Playing Sports
In today’s generation, more and more kids are likely to stay indoors and be a couch potato because of TVs, gadgets and computers. This is one of the reasons why kids’ obesity is increasing.
It’s advisable to encourage our kids to play sports because of various advantages such as self discipline, it develops teamwork and leadership skills and also physical activities are a good way to relieve stress and reduce depression.
Last summer, it was the first time Ren experienced trying out a sport which he has personally chosen – Swimming. He lost so much weight then.
This year, he tried soccer
Here are some Nutrition Tips For Kids Playing Sports:
1. More Water Please! – Provide adequate amount of water to prevent fatigue and dehydration. Water helps to cool the body during sport and also transports nutrients through the body. Make sure that they will drink their water before they start and every 10-15 minutes while doing their sport.
2. Eat Smart Before You Start– A pre-exercise meal is important to supply energy to your athlete kids. You need to choose a healthy pre-exercise snack to promote endurance. Kids need to eat at least 1 hour before doing physical activities.
3. Store Carbohydrates for Energy– To increase energy, your kids need to load up on carbohydrates rich food such as pasta, rice, breads, milk, yogurt, cereals, fruits and vegetables.
4. Post Exercise Meal is Important – Protein is important for muscle recovery. Have your children eat and/or drink a high protein snack within 30 minutes after exercise.
5. Give Supplements – It’s sad that some active kids are harder to feed because they are picky eaters. They are not getting the nutrients that they need because of lesser food variety options. That is why it is recommended to give them food supplements.
I choose to give Propan TLC for my son. Propan TLC coined “Tamang Lusog for Children” because it offers children’s daily nutrient needs such as Vitamin A – for sharper eyesight, 100% Vitamin C – for stronger immunity against sickness, Lysine – for appetite-enhancement, Chlorella – for faster growth, Taurine – for sharper memory Vitamin E– for beautiful skin; and Vitamin B – to create more energy.
It i now available in 250ml bottles.