3 Tips to Achieve Multiple Intelligence in Life
Based on my experience, observation and research, a person need to have multiple intelligence to be successful in life. A brain smart kid can get good grades at school, but if they are not people smart they can be bullied by their classmates. They will also have a hard time dealing with other people when they grow older.
As a mom, my goal in raising Ren is not only to have high grades at school. I also want him to be able to stand up on his own and be successful in facing the big world even without us on his side. Being people smart is a challenge for him. He prefers doing things on his own. But as the saying goes “No man is an island, entire of itself.”, so I need to do my best to expose my son to see, hear and meet other people around him.
He is now in Grade 2. I know that the expectations and demand for him is BIGGER now compared last year. I need to build a stronger foundation for him to have a stronger disposition.
3 TIPS to ACHIEVE Multiple Intelligence in Life
1. To be BRAIN SMART, we need to help our kids in doing school work. Let us not depend on the teachers at school to teach them. I believe that we are still the best teachers. Encouraging and praising them can boost their confidence to do better. Failing is normal, everyone experienced it. What’s important is to be able to stand up again and learn from your mistakes.
2. To be BODY SMART, we need to provide nutritious foods for our kids. Let them play after class to release the energy that they have. Bring them to open spaces during weekends and encourage them to play sports. Of course, this lesson is more effective if they see us doing it too, so stay away from junk food as much as possible and make exercise a part of your family bonding.
3. To be PEOPLE SMART, we need to expose our kids to different kinds of people. Every time we go out, I always ask Ren to observe his surroundings. When you see a beggar, ask them questions like why do you think they ask for money?, if you see old people, tell them that someday you too will get old. If you see someone on wheelchair, tell them that they are lucky and should be thankful because they have functional feet. For me, being people smart is the hardest among the multiple intelligence. But, I believe that through exposure and continuous teaching, my son will get it soon.
To have a multiple achiever child is a grand reward for us parents. Let us do our best to help our kids achieve their full potential and gain multiple achievements in life as they grow older.
JUNE PROMO: We believe that every child is inherently bright and brimming with intelligence. From June 23-29, share a photo of your child’s latest achievements as a comment on this Progress Pre-School Facebook post.
Don’t forget to use #MultipleIntelligence
Winners and Prizes:
10 winners shall receive: 3 pieces of Progress Pre-School 50g product samples – PHP 300 worth of National Bookstore gift certificates
NOTE: To win an additional PRIZE from me, help me in spreading this promo. Just share this – https://www.facebook.com/mommylevymartinez/posts/1603851556532666 on your FB page.
I will be giving away special prizes for 2 winners. Don’t forget to tag @mommylevy and use hashtag #MultipleIntelligence.
Read more about tips and ways Ways to Boost Multiple Intelligence in Kids from my fellow GOLD Mommy bloggers:
- Mommy Vix- http://www.mum-writes.com/2015/06/3-tips-on-how-to-boost-your-childs-multipleintelligence-the-june-i-choose-promo/
- Mommy Jem – http://www.esupermommy.com/2015/06/3-ways-to-boost-multiple-intelligence-in-kids/
Mommy Bernadet – http://www.themisischronicles.com/top-3-things-to-boost-multiple-intelligence-of-your-children-june-contest/
- Mommy Pehpot – http://www.pehpot.com/2015/06/boost-multiple-intelligence.html