Ren will share some toys to Jollibee Maaga ang Pasko!
Have you seen the latest TVC of Jollibee Maaga ang Pasko?
Well we did and I explained the TVC to my son and I told him that not every kid are lucky to have toys (just like me when I was a kid).
I told him that when I was a little kid, his lola can’t afford to buy me and my siblings a toy because it was the least of the family’s priority. Being able to go to school and eat 3 times or more a day is what we need. But of course, as a kid, I can’t deny the fact that I also envied those who can have the toys that they like. I was just happy when my playmates let me play with his or her toy even for a while.
I don’t know if he can understand my story, but when I asked him if he can give some of his old toys to other kids this Christmas, without hesitation he said Yes! Ohhh this made me really proud of my little boy.
So today, we segregated his toys in 2 boxes: DONATE and KEEP and here is a sneak peek of the toys that he plans to give 🙂
If my son can give up some of his valuable toys, I know that you and your kids can do it too. Show them this TVC and maybe give them a little explanation about it, I am sure they will not also think twice to look inside their toy boxes and look for some toys to give out. Doing this can even lessen the clutter in your house, and will teach them sympathy and the value of sharing.
- It is considered the country’s longest-running toy and book collection drive.
- The nationwide drive has already collected over 2 million toys.
- Maaga ang Pasko has been committed to spreading smiles and Christmas cheer for thousands of children with gifts of books and toys from kind-hearted individuals and families alike.
- The campaign has grown to be a tradition that Jolly Family Toy Scouts from all over the country look forward to each year.
- On its 19th year, the campaign kicked off in different locations including Metro Manila, Pampanga, Batangas and Davao.
If you have friends and relatives abroad that also want to donate, you can tell them to visit the Jollibee website and click out the Maaga ang Pasko micro site. Through the help of their partners Toy Kingdom and Goodwill Bookstore you can simply choose some toys or books and follow the simple steps indicated on the said site. Every purchase will be automatically donated to the Maaga ang Pasko Toy and book program.
Share some of your blessings to our less fortunate brothers and sisters and I know that you will be rewarded somehow.