5 Reasons Why Bloggers Attend Blogging Events
When I started my blogging career 10 years ago, companies did not invite bloggers yet to attend their events. At that time, they still can’t see the importance of online media in their campaigns. It was 2012 (as far as I can remember) when companies started hiring PRs to invite bloggers to attend product launching.
During that time, I am always excited to receive invites because I feel valued that they saw my presence online. I also want to build friendship between co-bloggers and companies that’s why as much as possible, I attend every blogging events I got invited on.
Back then, I don’t mind getting just a piece of ballpen or umbrella as a token for attending as long as I can go out the house and see other people to socialize (I just resigned from work then, so attending events at that time was one of my way to have a me time and be sane).
Fast forward to now, almost all events requires bloggers to be there. In a day, bloggers can attend 3-5 events kung gugustuhin nila.
Sa sobrang daming events, what do you think will be the reason/s why bloggers will choose your event to attend to?
I asked some co-bloggers and here are just a few of the things I’ve got (from #5 being the least to #1).
5. CONTENT – bloggers attend events of product launching of brands that they can relate to or their niche is related to.
4. SOCIALIZE – As I have mentioned, going to events was one of the things I do to catch up (in person) with bloggers and PR friends. If you are new to the blogging world, going to events will help you be known by PR agencies, and that you’ll be included in their master list for future invites.
3. BE THE FIRST ONE TO KNOW WHAT’S NEW – Most of the blogging events are product lunch or new stores opening. If you’ll attend events of this kind, you will be the first to know and try new products in the market before the normal people can. Lakas maka VIP ng kasama ka sa unang nakakita di ba?
2. BE ABLE TO TRY AND VISIT NEW PLACES – Through blogging, I was able to visit Palawan and ride an airplane for the first time. I got to visit exclusive places and try restaurants and hotels that I don’t need to shell out money from my own pocket. So if you receive invites to do this (plus factor if you could bring your family), then I’m sure it will be hard for you to decline.
1. PAID CAMPAIGNS/INVITES – Going out is hard in today’s traffic situation. Your time is precious and it’s nice if you will receive cash as a token right? You can use it to book for GRAB, pay for your bills (plus maintaining your blog site) and pay for leisure etc. How much is the rate of every event attendance? Well it depends on how far the location is from your area and how many expected output does the company expect from you after the event. You should also consider the time spent while you are outside.
For companies out there, I hope you will compensate the time and work the bloggers do for you and your brand so that you’ll have 100% attendance on your events next time 🙂
This is not included in the list, but I think this is the most important, IF YOU SUPPORT THE PRODUCT/SERVICE and that you BELIEVE in it so much that you like to endorse it. Yung feeling mo part ka ng company or isa kang stockholder just for being there.
If you are a blogger, what are the other reasons you attend events that I forgot to mention? Share it with us.