photo via: accessnorthga
Since it’s summer, it’s very hot here in the Philippines. Last Monday (April 13) was declared the hottest temperature that has been recorded so far (35 degree Celsius). Weather Forecasters told that the temperature will still keep coming up. That’s why the households’ water consumption spikes up. I’ve found these tips to keep our water consumption low.
* Take showers instead of baths in tub. A short shower uses four to eight gallons where a bath uses 20 or more.
* Turn off the water in the sink while you are brushing your teeth. If you brush your teeth for 2 minutes twice a day, you are wasting about 20 gallons of water every day.
* Check for leaks and have them repaired right away. The little drip from your faucet may total gallons before you know it. One drop of water per second leaking from a faucet can waste 60 gallons of water per week.
* Water plants early in the morning and late afternoon only. This will make the water stay more in the soil, thus nourishing your plants more. If you give plants their water at midday, the harsh sun will dry it up right away, making you do more water trips to meet your plants’ needs.
* When washing your car, use a pail and dipper rather than a water hose.
Make every drop count.
what ever happens in life we should always remember to live life to the fullest!