Adobong Manok Sa Atsuete Recipe
It’s the first Monday of the month once again, ang bilis bilis ng panahon, Valentine’s day is just around the corner. If you have a partner, I’m pretty sure you are now planning where and what you’re going to do in that special day.
As for me and my husband, we don’t usually go out during that day because I don’t like to see the cheesiness all over the malls hahaha… plus I don’t like that almost all the restaurants are crowded.
The solution, either I call for food delivery or just cook at home. The latter was not an option for me before, but it’s different now because I learned a lot of new dishes with the help of LifegetsBetter.Ph website. Oh boy everything I copied from that site is a hit with our family.
Today, I will share to you another piñalevel up dish.
Adobong Manok Sa Atsuete
1/4 cup oil
1 Tbsp atsuete seeds
1 kg chicken, thigh and leg, bone in
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g), drained, reserve syrup
1/4 cup onion, green, cut 2-inches long (optional)
1. In a pot, heat the oil and atsuete until the oil starts to sizzle gently. Turn the heat off and let the seeds soak for 2 minutes. Strain and discard the seeds.
2. Marinate the chicken in the reserved pineapple syrup for at least 30 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the atsuete oil then fry the garlic. Set aside the fried garlic.
3. Fry chicken until golden brown in the same atsuete oil. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, sauté onion then add back the chicken. Stir in the vinegar and simmer until almost dry.
5. Add the marinade. Bring to a boil then simmer until chicken is tender. Add the DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and half of the fried garlic. Mix well. Top with remaining fried garlic and green onions. Serve.
This Adobong Manok Sa Atsuete Pinoy dish is high in protein which is important for growth, development and repair of the body tissues. It is also a source of niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Ang sarap nya! Yung asim ng suka at tamis ng pinya ay perfect sa panlasa namin, saktong sakto!
Try this dish mommies and tell me what you think.
Check out more recipes at www.lifegetsbetter.ph