15 Easy on the Pocket Ways to Have a Me-Time
In today’s busy world, do you still have time for yourself? If batteries needed to recharge to provide 100% power, then you should also learn to relax once in a while. I believe that to give more love and be productive for your family, you should master and learn the art of self-care. Self-care is essential for happiness.
So what are the things you should do to achieve this so-called self-care? Or do you even know what’s the real meaning of it?
Taking time out for yourself is actually not a luxury but it’s a necessity that we always neglect. I know you feel guilty when you leave the kids and go out alone or with friends. But you know what? taking care of yourself keeps you from burning out, which helps you to be a better parent, wife/husband, employee or a boss. When you feel good about yourself, it shows and you will have a happier family. Believe me!
If you are a stay at home mom and you think having a me-time is expensive, well think again. Today, I’m going to give you some ideas to have a quality me-time.
15 Easy On The Pocket Ways to Have a Me-Time
1. SLEEP MORE – once or twice a week, make a time to snooze more. When you have sent the kids to school, don’t mind the laundry or the dirty dishes, you can do that after. Go to the bedroom, turn on the air conditioner and aromatherapy and just lay on the bed and relax.
2. MEDITATE and PRAY – Talk to God and read the bible that you haven’t touched for a long time. Tell Him all your problems, worries and ask for help and enlightenment to do what is right.
You can also do Yoga and have a breathing exercise. Doing this will help you clear your mind.
3. READ YOUR FAVORITE MAGAZINE OR BOOKS – make a hot cup of coffee, get a book or magazine, sit down, raise your legs and just relax.
4. GO OUT, JOG OR WALK – exercising can help boost your mood, you don’t need to go to the gym to have one. A simple jog or walk around your village can do the work.
5. DANCE/ZUMBA – If you don’t want to go out, just go to YouTube and look for dance videos or Zumba videos and do the moves. You will release happy hormones and feel energized after.
6. LONG HOT SHOWER OR BUBBLE BATH – forget the 5 minutes shower that you always do, get your neglected shower gel, a sponge and enjoy a long hot bath or better if you can do a bubble bath. Use your salt scrub to remove dead skin cells that were there ever since you can’t remember. Put some hair masks and leave it for a few minutes to absorb the treatment on your hair. Sing a song then rinse. Oh yes! sooo relaxing, isn’t it?
7. GET A MANI or PEDICURE – if you can do it by yourself then that’s good because you can make sure that you are the only one using your equipment. BUT, if you are like me who don’t know how to do it, then ask your favorite manicurist to go to your house for home service. If you don’t know anyone, you can visit malls and have it there. I saw that Coco Nail Studio is offering a discounted rate of their Coco Luxe Package: Luxury Mani-Pedi with Hand & Foot Spa with Paraffin Dip for only ₱780 (from ₱1,430) in Deal Grocer site. If you are near Makati, you can avail this Classic Manicure and Pedicure by St. Nails for only ₱260 (from ₱400)
8. FACIAL – If you don’t have a budget, there are a lot of DIY treatments you can do at home using simple ingredients like lemon, honey etc. You can also purchase some mask sheets and apply it on your face to lessen the sign of tiredness. But again if you are like me who is lazy to do this and prepare those DIY stuff, I would rather ask others – to clean my face for me. Pero syempre ayaw natin yung basta-basta lang o sa tabi tabi na facial center, mura nga pero baka mas mapagastos ka pa kapag nagkaproblema. We are talking about your face here, the part of your body that people see first, so we need to choose a reliable facial center to have a facial treatment. What I do is that I visit deal sites to purchase a discounted service. My favorite site is Deal Grocer.
I recently saw one deal that is available near me – Hollywood Duo: Facial + Age-Defying LED Mask of Ysa Skin and Body Experts
9. HAVE A RELAXING MASSAGE – Ohhh I know, I can hear you. Those aching back, shoulder, legs, head needed to have a massage to make the blood flow smoothly again. Yes, your wife or husband can do this for you, but they will do it for just a few minutes. The masseuse will do it for 45-90 minutes (depends on your need). I am interested in this Mind Calming 45-Min Ksheeradhara & 45-Min Abhyanga by Shanti Ayurveda but the location is in Quezon City which is quite far from me.
10. HAVE A HAIR TREATMENT – Are you tired and bored of your usual hair? You can change your look by changing your hair color, you can do this in the comforts of your home. You could simply buy hair coloring products at the store. On the other hand, if you feel that your hair is sooo dry, you can put some coconut oil or olive oil and leave it for a few minutes. Now, if you want to have a haircut or have your hair rebonded (just like what I did recently) then I would recommend to go to a salon and have the professionals do it for you. Read my Straight Therapy Rebonding experience at Le Maquillage Salon here.
11. WATCH ANY SHOW OR MOVIE AT HOME – Watch Meteor Garden and fall in love all over again 🙂
12. LEARN SOMETHING NEW – Don’t stop learning. This may sound like work, but I think it’s not because you can use it to relax. Learn a new dish, bake a cake, do some arts and crafts, study how to make soap, do calligraphy or hand lettering, gardening, sewing, putting make-up or anything that will make you feel happy. I think knowing something new will boost your confidence level and will increase your self-esteem.
13. BLOG OR WRITE IN YOUR DIARY – Sometimes the way to be sane in this crazy world is when you released your thoughts and feelings and get it out of your head. You can do this by talking to friends or as simple as getting a journal or starting a blog and write it down.
14. GO FOR AN ADVENTURE – Try Hiking! Search for the nearest mountain in your area. You can ask your friends to come with you, or join a group or kung matapang ka, you can go alone.
15. SHOP – go to the grocery store or department store and explore every area. Try all the free taste in the supermarket and just explore every aisle. In the department store, visit the make up section and try some lippies. You can buy some new underwear too.
I hope I have helped you to think of ways to relax. You deserve it!
If you still have your mommas and dads with you, it would be nice if you could treat them to a relaxing time too, they also need one you know 🙂
Did I miss something? Share it in the comment section.