Jollibee Talent Camp 6 Days Overview
As an intentional mom, my motivation in raising my son is to give him what ever is the best and the most helpful for him. My goal is to prepare him for life as a productive adult and to develop his God-given talents and abilities.
With that in mind, I am doing my best to help my son acquire multiple intelligence that will help him in the future. I try to expose him more in the real world. I don’t just make him do what is “in”, but I make sure that whatever activities he does will be helpful for his well being.
That’s why I am glad when Jollibee invited us to experience their 6 days Jollibee Talent Camp. I thought that this Talent Camp will be beneficial for him in terms of socialization and following instructions.
JKC Talent Camp is a 2 hours workshop for six days that aims to boost confidence among school-aged kids (6-12 years old) through a series of interesting activities like dancing, singing, acting, drawing and burger-making.
Here are the things they did for 6 days:
Day 1: Introducing Self / Learn the “Dito Masaya” Song /Practice Dance Steps (through Saggidy Sa Popo tune) / Act / Telling a Story
They were also grouped into 3 to create an act that is based on the story given. These two were Ren’s team mates that day.
The story is to act like you’re inside a vehicle. Ren acted like the driver and the two were his passengers.
After that, they did a circle time and they had a “dugtungan ng story” activity. The facilitator will start a story then the kids were asked what do they think will happen next. Surprisingly, Ren did great in this activity, even I was surprised. This activity improves kid’s imagination and predict outcomes.
Day 2: Introducing the person besides you/ Practice the “Dito Masaya” Song and Dance / Draw on the Story Board
The story board were created per group. Ren was assigned to be part of Group 3.
After that, they were given a piece of paper and that they needed to draw something based on what was indicated on the story board. This was Ren’s work:
Day 3: Act what’s on the Story Board / Create a Musical Instrument / Practice the “Dito Masaya” Song and Dance
This was what Ren and his group needed to act:
After that, they created a musical instrument. They were asked to bring a plastic cup, some rubber bands, mongo seeds or rice and paper pins. Ren created a maraca.
Day 4: Practice Blocking on what’s on the Story Board / Create an Invitation / Practice the “Dito Masaya” Song and Dance
Day 5: Practice the “Dito Masaya” Song and Dance Plus acting of Story Board for the Graduation/ Burger Making / Learn to Wash Hands properly / Played Games
After games and graduation practice, the kids got ready for the burger making. They were asked to wash their hands first.
… and finally they were asked to create their own Yum Burger.
Day 6: Graduation Day!
What I like about the Jollibee Talent Camp?
1. Registration Fee is Affordable- For only P500 (if you are a Jollibee Kids Club member) or P600 (if you’re not), you’ll get to join the Jollibee Talent Camp. You’ll get a FREE T-shirt plus meal for 6 days. Sa meal pa lang bawing bawi mo na yung registration fee. If you will use your old JKC T-shirt, you will just pay P200 on registration. This also includes the Certificate of Completion. Sobrang Sulit!
2. Handled by Trained Instructor– Kuya Shahein who handled Ren and the other kids was articulate. He can make the kids look and listen to him. He’s a cool instructor which is why the kids from different ages liked him. I think that their group also train crews from different stores who will handle the Talent Camp.
3. Meals for 6 Days – You’ll get different food variety for 6 days.
4. Mascot Appearance– On the Graduation day, Jollibee himself delighted the kids with his presence and danced to the tune of the “Bida ang Saya” song.
5. Tons of Activities– They will not just sing and dance but they will also learn how to act, draw, create arts and crafts and make their own burger.
I gave Ren some questionnaires and this was what his feedback on this years Jollibee Talent Camp:
1. What were the things that you did at the Jollibee Talent Camp?
2. Which activities did you like the most?
3. Who are your friends?
4. What did you think of Kuya Shahein?
5. Do you like to go back to the JKC Talent Camp next year? Why?
We are looking forward for the next summer and attend the JKC Talent Camp again.
For more information on how to be a Jollibee Kids Club member click HERE