ABSCBN Bantay Bata 163 features: Chid Friendly Home Structure
A writer from ABS-CBN Bantay Bata emailed me last time asking if I can be interviewed for a segment wherein the subject is about Child Friendly Home Structures.
Our house in Manila for me, is not that child friendly, so I asked them to interview my sister in law instead.
Here is the video of the interview:
So, what are the things do you need to consider to check if your house is suitable for a child especially kids ages 6 yrs. old and below ?
1. Make sure that there are no sharp corners on any furnitures in the house. You can use rubber corner guards.
2. Don’t use cabinets that has glasses and could easily fall over.
3. Use Electrical Plugs Covers on electrical outlets that are easily reached by children.
4. Put rubber mats on the stairs to avoid being slipped, or better yet, install a half door or baby gates upstairs to avoid the child to accidentally go down by himself.
5. Put a door stopper to avoid the child’s fingers to accidentally get caught in between when the door closes.
6. Children loves to draw but sometimes they do it on the walls so you can put some papers on the wall for them to write or draw on.
7. Add a mat (preferably a thick and soft one) on the play area to avoid the child’s head to get bumped.
8. Be sure to keep any toxic items away from the reach of chidren.
9. Sharp objects such as knives and scissors should be kept in drawers which cannot be easily accessed by children.
10. Do not leave lighters, cigarettes and matches lying around, because the children might play with it and cause fire.