What is the best insect repellent?
My 20 years old sister had Dengue 3 years ago while my nephew also had it when he was only 5 years old, the experience was really horrifying for the person who had it and to the family of the victims as well. Since I already have an idea on what are the symptoms of a Dengue fever I don’t panic easily when my son has a fever.
BUT, since the mosquito carrying a dengue virus is now mutating, they say that some new victims were not aware that they have it since the symptoms were not visible. And that it’s too late for it to be treated when they finally discovered it resulting to the death of the victims.
That is why the saying “Prevention is better than cure” is still the best defense in this case. One of things I knew to prevent the spread of mosquitoes is to spray insecticide every two weeks in the areas that are dark like bodegas and our dirty kitchens. Also, I see to it than my son and the rest of the family will use anti-mosquito lotion.
But since there are lots of anti-mosquito lotions out in the market nowadays, what brand do you prefer to use and why?
Me, I have 3 variants of insect repellent in the house right now. We have HUMAN NATURE Bug Spray, HUMAN NATURE Bug Shield and I found out that I have a sachet of GUARD Insect Repellent.
Here is my review of the three aforementioned items:
Human Nature Bug Spray
1. It is 100% chemical and DEET free so it’s very safe and I don’t worry much if I will be applied to my son’s arms and even neck.
2. It’s very affordable. The 50ml only cost P79.75
3. It’s effective, I usually put this to my son’s legs when he sleeps in the afternoon and I even spray some on his bed and unlike before when he wakes up in the middle of his sleep because of itchy legs made by a mosquito or an ant’s bite now he sleeps soundly.
Human Nature Bug Shield Lotion
1. Just like the Bug Spray, it is 100% Chemical and DEET Free too.
2. The price is the same as the bug spray. Which is very affordable.
3. Since it has sunflower extract, prolonged use may make the scars lighter, and it’s also effective.
same as the bug spray – The SMELL!
Guard Insect Repellent
I just saw this one in my cabinet, and I can’t remember where it came from. I decided to try it yesterday.
1. It smells GOOD! It has a Powder-Fresh Scent and I feel comfortable putting it on even outside the house since it doesn’t smell strong.
2. It has a Picaridin formula and is guaranteed safe on the skin. It is also DEET Free.
3. It has a non greasy feel.
4. I used it to my son a while ago and just like the above mentioned items, this one is effective too!
NONE as of the moment. I don’t know the price yet so I am not sure if it’s affordable.
Since, it’s raining almost everyday and mosquitoes are everywhere looking for their next victims, it’s advisable to shield our family with the best, effective and safe way. I highly recommended any of the items above that you can use to prevent insect bites.