DG Goat Milk Overview
A few days ago, I got an invite to attend a launching of a goat milk. I didn’t know the brand and I am not that familiar with goat milk so blindly I said yes and went to the event held at B Hotel in Alabang.
Actually it was not a formal blogging event with a presentation and a lot of talks, it was a round table discussion and those invited are all mommy bloggers. The panelist just let us ask questions that they happily answered.
When I found out that the goat milk they are launching is in powder form, I asked them if they will have a liquid variant. They said that as of now, they only have the powder version (but I still hope they will have a liquid variant soon). My other question was the availability of the item (since as mentioned, I am not that familiar with it) , I have not seen one in any leading supermarkets that I’ve been to. They said that as of now, the product is only available online via Lazada and Shopee but it will also be available in selected Mercury Drugstores soon.
@mommylevy first time ko makita at masubukan itong DG Goat Milk. Kayo ba? #goatmilk #milk #powdermilk #fyp #milkreview ♬ Relaxed everyday loop BGM – Milk
Based on studies, goat milk is better than cow’s milk in terms of nutrients, more natural, easier to digest and less allergenic.
DG Goat Milk Beverage for Kids 800g cost P1,499 per can.
How is Goat Milk different from Cow Milk?
Goat Milk is closer to human milk versus Cow Milk because:
- Like humans, Goats produce their milk through Apocrine Secretion, where milk fat and bioactive components in mammary secretory cells are enveloped by cell membranes as they are secreted. As a result, milk produced by goats have naturally occurring bioactive components.
- Goat Milk has less allergenic components than Cow Milk
β-Lactoglobulin is the whey protein that stimulates milk protein allergies. Compared with milk from other animals, Goat Milk has lower levels of β-Lactoglobulin; thus making it less allergenic for us!
- Goat Milk is more easily digested versus Cow Milk:
Casein in milk produces curds in our stomach. Compared to milk sourced from other animals, Goat Milk produces a very loose curd structure with a high proportion of water that is easily broken apart, thus facilitating easier digestion of milk proteins.
Is Goat Milk safe for children?
DG Goat Milk have passed international and local standards:
- Awarded the New Zealand Quality Product Seal
- Passed the strictest standards set by the British Journal of Nutrition
- Quality and (Nutritional) Quantity approved by the Codex Alimentarius
- Approved by FDA Philippines
Furthermore, they have numerous clinical studies conducted by the Diary Goat Cooperative.
If you have the resources, I highly suggest to always choose high quality milk for your kids. Do your own research to know which one has more nutrients that your kid will benefit.
To learn more, please visit them at https://dggoatmilkph.com/