Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer Overview
I’ve been using the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer since October last year. It’s been 4 months and I guess now is the right time to do a quick review about this product.
I bought it on sale at Landers Superstore in Alabang for P7,859.75 from the original price of P8,359.75. I was already late in purchasing one actually since most of my friends already got theirs because I thought I don’t need one. Until we got sick and I thought we should lessen our oily food intake.
I decided to buy it at a store so that I could test the unit if it’s okay. For appliances that cost this much, I prefer testing it personally than buying it online.
- 6-in-1 – Air fryer, broiler, roaster, dehydrator, plus baking and reheating
- 6 Smart Programs – Customizable one-touch programs for air frying, roasting, broiling and more
- Easy-to-Use Display – Touchscreen shows each stage of cooking
- Easy-Clean Basket – Non-stick air fry basket holds enough food for a small family
- Fast Preheating – Little to no preheating time. Adjustable Temperature: select from 95 to 400 °
- 6-Portion Capacity – Perfect for growing families
- Compact Design – Countertop-friendly size fits any kitchen
I tried air frying luncheon meat, chicken wings and legs (seasoned with salt and pepper), longganisa, tocino, bangus (not recommended since the skin will not be as crispy as when you cook it in a pan), hotdog (not recommended also since I like it juicy). I also tried airfrying eggplant but I don’t like the outcome too. I guess those who has their own fats are the one will turn good when you airfry them.
I also tried baking a premix red velvet cake using the Instant Pot Vortex Plus. It turned out okay. I would like to try baking cookies here soon, I just need to find a baking paper to put it on.
Last December, I ordered a low calorie meal that I need to reheat before consumption. I used this airfyer to do that since we don’t have a microwave oven. I just transferred the food in a microwavable glass container and reheat it.
I also tried roasting a whole chicken here, and it turned out good, way better than my gas oven.
The only function, I haven’t tried yet is the dehydrator. I will update you when I have a chance to do it.
After I got this Instant Pot Vortex Plus air fryer, Instant Pot released a new oven type design called Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Smart Air Fryer Oven (10 QT) but I am fine with what I’ve got.