7 Wall art ideas to give new life in any room
A single piece of art can liven up any space. It can instantly boost up and refresh the look of a room – whether it’s your living room, dining room, bedroom, office or even the bathroom. And the simplest art form, and fastest to acquire as well, is by hanging a wall art. Here are some themes or ideas on how you can breathe new life in any room:
- You can opt to have one large wall art, posters or a tapestry even. It can be the focal point or centerpiece of a room. It attracts the eye and takes the viewer on a photographic journey. It can also be a good conversation starter. You can draw up inspiration from your interests, previous travels or even your childhood memories.
- You can also choose to hang multiple artworks and turn it into a gallery wall. You can have them hanged up in similar frames with uniform sizes, or have different-colored or styled frames in different sizes. You can go with a certain theme for your gallery – celebrities, animals, sceneries, fantasy, whatever suits your fancy.
- Another concept is where to place your wall arts. A new idea is that they can be placed in the corner of a room, so it spreads across two walls. It lets you experience your space in a new angle and offers a new perspective. Just be careful in placing your wall arts if you’re planning to do it yourself.
- If you’re up for some daily inspiration, or you have a daily “mantra” to get on with your daily life, you can hang them up as well. They may be lines from famous books, movies, songs or poems. These inspirational quotes or “words to live by” are artworks in their own right.
- Abstract prints are often misconstrued as chaotic art. Their interpretation is actually based on how the viewer sees them. Since it does not try to present an accurate representation of reality, the interpretation varies. Abstract prints are perfect for those who don’t have any specific theme or color scheme in mind.
- For those who would like some art works that make you think, you can select the surrealism theme. Surrealism was a movement in visual arts that started in Europe. It was a way of “reuniting conscious and unconscious realms of experience so completely that the world of dream and fantasy would be joined to the everyday rational world in an absolute reality, a surrneality”, according to Andre Breton, the spokesman of the movement. The usual subjects are scenes from dreams or other subconscious events. They represent the weird and makes you think hard on how to interpret whenever you see them. This goes well who likes their art “weird” and “imaginative”.
- For those who are animal lovers, you can also have an animal themed wall art or gallery. This is for those who adore their pet animals such as dogs, cats, rabbits, fish – or those who are more into wildlife animals like lions, tigers, elephants and others.
These are just a few suggested ideas or themes you can incorporate in any wall art you decide on having. What’s important is that you express your creativity and personality and the rest of your inspiration will follow. For your wall art needs, you can shop them here.