Mekeni Picnic Hotdog Maki and Cheesy Sandwich
2020 is really a challenging year for all of us. My son was supposed to go back to a regular school this year from homeschooling him for 2 years, but because of the pandemic we have no other choice but to continue homeschooling him.
Before, we usually eat out and enjoy the outside world every weekend. But now, we can’t go out together anymore. Most of the time, ako lang lumalabas to do important errands.
Kaya naman, para di nila ma-miss masyado ang pagkain sa labas, I decided to create something special. Have you tried California Maki using Mekeni Picnic Hotdogs instead of crab sticks? Ayyy panalo ito, you should try!
Here are the ingredients:
2pcs Mekeni Picnic Hotdog
1 cup cooked Japanese rice (or any ordinary rice)
2 tbsp mirin or rice wine (if not available mix 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to 1/4 cup vinegar)
1 slice of ripe mango
1 pc egg
1 pc whole nori sheet
1-2 tbsp oil for cooking the hotdog and egg
black sesame seeds (optional)
1. Beat the egg and then fry. After the egg, cook the hotdog on the same frying pan.
2. Slice the hotdog lengthwise (4 slices for 1 hotdog). Then do the same with the scrambled egg, mango and cucumber.
3. Add mirin to the rice
4. Place your nori sheet to the Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat. Then spread the rice. Turn over.
5. At the back of the nori sheet with rice, add all the other ingredients, place them like this
6. Roll the nori sheet using the bamboo mat slowly to cover the ingredients inside. Then sprinkle some black sesame seeds.
7. Cut the maki and serve. This is best served with soy sauce and wasabi (if available.)
We also made cheezy hotdog sandwiches that my son loves soooo much (and our dog too). We used the Mekeni Picnic Cheezy brown hotdogs here.
Easy but special merienda for my family.
Mekeni Picnic Hotdog is available at leading supermarkets, palengke, online stores, at Mekeni Home2Home Delivery via Lazada.
Check out Mekeni Facebook Page for more recipe inspirations, information, promos, and updates!