Ren was featured at Reel Time GMA News TV #BagetsVloggers Episode
I was contacted by Reel Time a few days ago if they can interview our family for their episode with a theme about Young Influencers/YouTubers. I know Ren loves to be on TV so I said yes to it. The crew together with their producer went to our area here in Cavite to do the shoot.
Since our house is under renovation (yes up until now), I looked for a place to do the interview. I asked Camella’s Marketing if they will allow us to do the shoot at one of the model houses in our area. I’m so happy that they agreed. So to those who think that we have a nice house, well that’s one of Camella’s model houses located here in Bacoor. Check their page here – https://www.facebook.com/camellabacoorofficialpage/
BEHIND THE SCENES:
They have a lot of questions during the interview. I think more or less 20 questions for Ren. I was surprised that he was able to answer some of it with sense.
I will update this post when the link of the replay is available in YouTube, so that you can watch it too. But for those who have watched it, let me emphasize and clarify some of the things highlighted in the show:
- Ren was the one who asked us to start his own YouTube channel. That was after watching several kids toy reviewers in YouTube. His dad does not know how to edit videos at that time and he has a day job, but for Ren, he tried to study the craft and spent some time in doing the video.
- Yes we allow him to watch YouTube BUT we make sure that we see what he is watching. That’s why he is only allowed to use internet in our Smart TV or Computer because it’s bigger and we can see/hear it. He uses the phone when we are outside but as of now he chooses to bring his favorite books to read while waiting for food or when we are talking with other people.
- It was edited and removed in the show, but we told them that as of now Ren only uses the internet for just 3 hours per day. That starts from 6pm to 9pm.
- My husband does the script after he and Ren makes a research about the toy they are going to review first. That’s because Ren doesn’t like to keep on repeating things (which they previously do when he was younger).
- I like that they did not edit the part when I mentioned that Ren has Autism. Besides wanting to be famous, he also wants to be an inspiration to other kids who wants to be a YouTuber that it is possible if you are determined.
- Regarding the earnings, as I have mentioned in the video, that is just part of being a YouTuber. Ren loves to do it and it’s just a bonus that he can earn from it.
- How much does Ren earns? Since he only has around 4K subscribers and less than a thousand viewers per video, he usually gets the minimum payout from Google Adsense amounting to $100 every 6 to 8 months. He knows that he earns from it and we let him decide where to use it. He has a mutual fund and we put some of it there and he also uses some for experimenting dishes. As mentioned in the video, he wants to have his own food business in the future.
- Some companies also send him some toys to review and he gets to keep it. He also gets invited to events and product launching. When we buy toys, we usually buy those that are on sale/discounted.
- Ren chooses his friends and families over vlogging when he was asked which is more important.
- Ren also mentioned that besides vlogging, he also do a lot of things like playing the piano, playing with friends outside and reading books.
- We moderate the comments in his channel because he is so sensitive with negative comments (kahit hindi sa channel nya). He sometimes cries over it. We are training him to be tough and just don’t mind what other people will say as long as he is not doing something bad. We also tell him that he can’t please everyone.
If you have questions with us, like how to start making your own YouTube channel or other personal stuff, please comment down below and I will answer it. Thank you!
UPDATE: Here’s the video, please watch
Elizabeth Lastrella says
Nakaka proud naman po si Ren. Ang Dami niyang ganap. At his young age ang sipag at marunong magplano para sa future. Isa po siyang inspiration .
Jessica bathan says
Kuya ren is inspiration tlga ng ibang kids. Dahil sa determinasyon nya sa isang passion na kaya nyang ihandle. Galing galing mo tlga.. you make your Parents proud always!!!
Jimayda Banaag says
Yung eldest ko mmy, 9 na sya ngayon pero mga 5 yata sya nung nag start sya mangulit nagawan ko sya ng account sa YouTube kasi gusto nya magka channel. Lalong tumindi yun nung nkaka nuod na sya ng mga toy reviews gaya ng kay Ren. Pero hanggang ngayon pinag iisipan ko pa din. Worried ako sa maging effect sa kanya pagka nakabasa nga ng negative comments din. Gusto din ng papa nya and mahilig sa camera. So sabi ko sige, pag 10 na sya, push namin. Pag aralan muna namin lahat at i ready. Ang reason ng anak ko talaga is para magkaron syta nung mga toys na gusto nya na di ko kayang bilhin.
Nung makita ko yung post nyo sa FB at IG, sabi ko, deserve ni Ren to. Simple, klaro, at magaling sya magsalita. Enjoy na enjoy ang kids ko sa mga reviews nya. Pinapayagan ko sila 1-2 hours manuod.
Abba Seyer says
With Ren po, ang galing nya! Bibihira po sa mga bata ang nagba-blog na. Mostly at that age po, laro pa ang nasa isip nyan Pero sya he knows na po what he’s doing. Good job, Ren! Keep it up and make your parents proud… always!
Abba Seyer says
Mukha nga pong nag-enjoy si Ren. Maganda po yung ganyan. Pwedeng makita yung mga potential talents pa nya in the future! Kumusta naman po sya with teacher Georcelle? Balita ko po strict po sya eh, hehe..
Fb: Abba Seyer
Joanna Lomoljo says
Same din sa amin Mommy we let the kids use gadgets but we make sure in moderation pa din like sa eldeat ko ginagamit nia pang research and for assignments..and kay bunso naman lagi kmai especially ako nakabantay sa mga pinapanood nia
Riza Martinez says
proud of you Ren, kaya mo yan wag mo isipin ang sasabihin ng iba as long na masaya ka ginagawa mo as a vlogger.Si daday at si mommy at kaming mga followers mo ay laging nandyan to support you.Ang galing nga e kaya mona kumita sa sarili mong paraan sa murang edad. happy for you., thanks kay daddy at mommy sa support❤️❤️
Aiko Padilla says
Congrats ren ? sisikat ka rin upload lang ng upload… ???
Fb: akio zednanref
Maribert Orpiada says
congratulations Ren and thank you for making mama and papa so proud of you .. saludo talaga ako sayo momsh dahil napalaki mo si Ren ng ganyan kagaling
Princess Villasin says
Wow nakaka amaze yung mga kids na alam na nila agad yung mga gusto nilang gawin. ? my bunso wants to be a model. lagi akong nag popost ng mga picture nya sa facebook. Iba na talaga panahon ngayon bata pa sila alam na nila kung pano gawin ang hilig nila. ? Congrats Ren at sa very supportive parents. God bless your family. ❤
Marla Antonio says
Wow!!! Ibang level na si renz, obviously sumusunod sya sa yapak mo. Nkaka proud. Artistahin na
Mommy Levy says
Ren lang po haha. Salamat neighbor 🙂
Joan pastoral says
Congrats , Pangarap din yan ng mga anak ko pero ayoko payagan kasi baka dinila makaya pressure medyo masakit din pag na kabasa ng negative comment ?.
Carla-Mae Villamar says
Again Congratulations Ren. Been watching your vlogs since last month and i know na magiging magaling kang influencer someday just like mommy levy.
Clary Geronimo says
Sobrang proud ako sayo sis. Seryoso. I admire your strength and determination. Ganyan talaga kapag happy people, nadadala ng magaan lahat. ?
Mommy Levy says
mas proud ako sayo, ang dami mo anak pero kayang kaya mo. May negosyo ka pa. Iba ka!
Julieanne Francis Ugay says
Nakaka-inspire talaga ang anak mo Ms. Levy. I make it a point na makapanuod talaga sa channel niya. Nakakaaliw tapos yung duration naman ng mga videos niya ay di naman matagal at nakakabonding ko pa minsan bunso ko sa panunuod ng toys review ?
Jieliz Cornelia says
Congratulations Ren and Mommy Levy!
Nowadays, kailangan talaga na masupervise mo ang kids sa paggamit ng gadgets/apps. Lalo na sa youtube, maraming pwedeng mapanuod na hindi pwede sa age nila.
Congrats to Ren and most specially to the very supportive parents. Thumbs up!
Mary Ann Fadre-Galuza says
Ang galing naman ni Ren. Excited to watch the full episode sa youtube..