Ren was featured at Reel Time GMA News TV #BagetsVloggers Episode
I was contacted by Reel Time a few days ago if they can interview our family for their episode with a theme about Young Influencers/YouTubers. I know Ren loves to be on TV so I said yes to it. The crew together with their producer went to our area here in Cavite to do the shoot.
Since our house is under renovation (yes up until now), I looked for a place to do the interview. I asked Camella’s Marketing if they will allow us to do the shoot at one of the model houses in our area. I’m so happy that they agreed. So to those who think that we have a nice house, well that’s one of Camella’s model houses located here in Bacoor. Check their page here – https://www.facebook.com/camellabacoorofficialpage/
BEHIND THE SCENES:
They have a lot of questions during the interview. I think more or less 20 questions for Ren. I was surprised that he was able to answer some of it with sense.
I will update this post when the link of the replay is available in YouTube, so that you can watch it too. But for those who have watched it, let me emphasize and clarify some of the things highlighted in the show:
- Ren was the one who asked us to start his own YouTube channel. That was after watching several kids toy reviewers in YouTube. His dad does not know how to edit videos at that time and he has a day job, but for Ren, he tried to study the craft and spent some time in doing the video.
- Yes we allow him to watch YouTube BUT we make sure that we see what he is watching. That’s why he is only allowed to use internet in our Smart TV or Computer because it’s bigger and we can see/hear it. He uses the phone when we are outside but as of now he chooses to bring his favorite books to read while waiting for food or when we are talking with other people.
- It was edited and removed in the show, but we told them that as of now Ren only uses the internet for just 3 hours per day. That starts from 6pm to 9pm.
- My husband does the script after he and Ren makes a research about the toy they are going to review first. That’s because Ren doesn’t like to keep on repeating things (which they previously do when he was younger).
- I like that they did not edit the part when I mentioned that Ren has Autism. Besides wanting to be famous, he also wants to be an inspiration to other kids who wants to be a YouTuber that it is possible if you are determined.
- Regarding the earnings, as I have mentioned in the video, that is just part of being a YouTuber. Ren loves to do it and it’s just a bonus that he can earn from it.
- How much does Ren earns? Since he only has around 4K subscribers and less than a thousand viewers per video, he usually gets the minimum payout from Google Adsense amounting to $100 every 6 to 8 months. He knows that he earns from it and we let him decide where to use it. He has a mutual fund and we put some of it there and he also uses some for experimenting dishes. As mentioned in the video, he wants to have his own food business in the future.
- Some companies also send him some toys to review and he gets to keep it. He also gets invited to events and product launching. When we buy toys, we usually buy those that are on sale/discounted.
- Ren chooses his friends and families over vlogging when he was asked which is more important.
- Ren also mentioned that besides vlogging, he also do a lot of things like playing the piano, playing with friends outside and reading books.
- We moderate the comments in his channel because he is so sensitive with negative comments (kahit hindi sa channel nya). He sometimes cries over it. We are training him to be tough and just don’t mind what other people will say as long as he is not doing something bad. We also tell him that he can’t please everyone.
If you have questions with us, like how to start making your own YouTube channel or other personal stuff, please comment down below and I will answer it. Thank you!
UPDATE: Here’s the video, please watch