GCASH for Good: Platform for Generosity
Mother Teresa once said “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one”. Doing good to even a single person will make a difference in this world.
You don’t need to be a multi millionaire to give and reach out to those in need, you just need to have a loving, compassionate and a generous heart.
GCASH, operated by Globe Fintech Innovations Incs, introduces GCASH for Good last Friday at One Canvas in Chino Roces, Makati. I was honored to be a part of this event and witnessed all the NGOs come together for a good cause.
With GCASH for Good, GCASH users can use the GCASH app to donate to various groups to create an impact on society. This allows GCASH to be a more inclusive and open platform that will help create better opportunities for millions of Filipinos.
This is good news to those people who wants to donate but don’t have the time to fall in line and deposit to banks. I remember during the Yolanda campaign to ask for help, I know a lot of people want to give but the hassle of doing so made it hard for them to do it. At that time, online apps are not yet “in”.
I am happy to know that online apps such as GCASH did something to make giving and donating hassle free.
Introduced during the launch are the following groups:
- ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, Inc. (ALKFI)
- Alagang Kapatid Foundation, Inc.
- Animal Kingdom Foundation, Inc.
- Benilde SDEAS
- Caritas Manila Inc.
- Children’s Hour Philippines Foundation, Inc.
- Fishers & Changemakers, Inc.
- Daluhay Daloy ng Buhay, Inc.
- ECHOsi Foundation
- GREAT Women
- HERO Foundation, Inc.
- HOUSE Foundation
- Investments in Loving Organizations for Village Economics (ILOVE)
- Kythe Foundation, Inc.
- Mindoro Biodiversity Conservation Foundation, Inc.
- Philippine Dogs and Cats Rescuers Association, Inc.
- Pusod, Inc.
- Saret Organic Farmville
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Philippines
- PHAPCares Foundation, Inc.
- Save The Children
- The Philippine Red Cross
There’s also Miss Possibilities Foundation in the video which aims
- To create social awareness of people with special needs and their important role in society.
- To build the self-confidence of young women with special needs and celebrate their life accomplishments.
- To redefine the meaning of true beauty and showcase inner beauty
So guys, if you have something extra to give, please share some to those in need and to make it easier for you, use the GCASH app. Follow them on Facebook to get the latest updates – https://www.facebook.com/gcashofficial/