5 Reasons why we chose International British Academy as our homeschool provider
Since a lot of mommies are now considering homeschooling their kids and I received some questions like: why did we
5 Reasons why we chose International British Academy
- We chose IBA because it is the nearest homeschool provider in our area (along Daang Hari in Imus Cavite). I thought that it won’t be hard for me to go there if I have to attend seminars, meetings or to submit our portfolio.
- We chose IBA because they have a club meeting once a week and the homeschool kids are invited to join. This way my son can socialize with other kids at school.
- We chose IBA because they have included a foreign language as part of the curriculum (they have Mandarin at school but we can choose whatever language we want at homeschool – my son chose French).
- We chose IBA because the coordinator is approachable and easy to talk to. BUT unfortunately, she resigned just this January. As of this writing, we haven’t met the headmaster yet or the one that will handle the homeschool department.
- We chose IBA because we can be flexible in our minor subjects. We only need to focus on the 5 major subjects because my son needs to take the year-end exams (3rd quarter exams) at school.
As I have mentioned in my previous post, I find it hard to be independent and not have a provider. I’m glad we found one and I think we will stay with them until next school year because Ren is a graduating student.
They currently do not offer Highschool homeschooling, so I don’t know if Ren will return to a regular school in highschool or we will continue homeschooling with another provider.
If you have other questions about homeschooling, I will try to answer them, just comment below.