5 Healthy Baon Ideas using US Potatoes
This school year, we have transferred my son to a bigger school. This is in preparation for the higher school levels so that he’ll get used to the system. One of my dilemmas in this new school is that I’m afraid that Ren will buy food in the cafeteria alone and buy those that are forbidden to him. His new teachers don’t know him and his history much and they might forget that he has G6PD (there are some food that he needs to avoid).
What I usually do is to always remind him not to eat the food on the forbidden list, and to wake up early to just prepare his baon to bring at school.
It’s hard to think of baon ideas especially if your kids are picky eaters. I remembered when my son was in preschool, I made healthy bento baon that my husband and I designed for him (you can check some of our creations here). Designing our kid’s baon is one of the things that we can do to encourage them to eat more. It’s a good thing that my son is not that picky in choosing what food to eat, so I stopped designing his baon and just made sure to give him healthy dishes.
Today, I’m going to share to you 5 Healthy Baon Ideas using US Potatoes. But before that, I would like you to know that there are actually a lot of benefits in using US Potatoes.
- Potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetable and have even more potassium than banana. Potatoes provide the Carbohydrate, Potassium & Energy you need.
- Potatoes are known for the large amounts of Vitamin C present in them.
- There are a wide variety of vitamins and minerals in potatoes that positively affect the function of the brain, including phosphorus, zinc, and the B complex vitamins.
- Potatoes provide 8% of the recommended daily value of fiber — important for growth, development and overall health of children.
- Minerals in potatoes such as phosphorous, iron, magnesium, calcium and zinc help with the maintenance of bone strength and structure.
- Potatoes are a naturally fat-free and sodium-free vegetable.
With that in mind, here are my 5 Healthy Baon Ideas using US Potatoes that you can do too.
1. Potato balls with cheddar cheese and apples
2. Potato Wedges with orange and apple cinnamon oat cookies
3. Twice baked potatoes with chicken and Parmesan cheese
4. Potato omelet with red bell pepper and melon
5. Potato pancake with cracker sandwiches on the side and dragon fruit slices
I’m so happy that my son loves everything here. This can be your one week menu plan for your kid’s baon. I will post the recipes and directions of these yummy baon on my next post or on my YouTube channel. Stay tuned for that.
For more information on US Potatoes, check out www.facebook.com/PotatoesUSAPhilippines/
For more baon ideas using US Potatoes, check out the recipes prepared by the #KumareBloggers
- Easy Baon Ideas Using Potatoes by Mommy Peachy
- US Potatoes Hash Brown with Avocado and Poached Egg by Mommy Badet
- US Potatoes is the best Baon For Kids by Mommy Pehpot