My Contadina Holiday Recipe (plus a giveaway)
To those who personally know me, they know that I am not a kitchen person. I prefer buying cooked food rather than do it myself. I was not born to be a cooking diva. But somehow the universe is telling me to at least try it.
I got my kitchen renovated and recently I got invited to a cooking workshop and was able to take home new kitchen stuff. What will I do with these things if I will not use it?
That’s why I was thrilled when I received Contadina products few days ago. My husband and son who likes Italian dishes kept on asking me to cook something for them when they saw it. I don’t know why but whatever I prepare they love eating it.
As usual the first thing I look for is easy to do recipes. But unfortunately there’s like a competition among those who cook in the internet. It’s like the more ingredients you have and the more technical the procedure is the better, in short I find it hard to look for an easy recipe. Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word “easy”.
Then I remembered my father-in-law. He has this stuffed bell pepper dish that I like but since he’s gone I decided to create my own version that I hope my son will like too.
Presenting my STUFFED BELL PEPPER RECIPE
- 2pcs Bell Pepper
- 1/2kg Ground Beef
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 block Quick Melt Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Contadina Crushed Tomatoes
- pinch Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Saute the onion and ground beef.
- Put the Contadina crushed tomatoes (use 1/2 can). Add salt and pepper to taste. Set Aside.
- Cut the bell pepper into 2, remove the seeds. Stuff it with the cooked ground beef then put some grated quick melt cheese on top.
- Put the remaining crushed tomatoes on the pan, then put the stuffed bell pepper. Cover it until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Here’s the finish product:
My son loves it so much, he finished 2 pieces of this.
I also made another one (ang sipag ko!). This time I decided to create my favorite pasta dish AGLIO OLIO with shrimp sauteed in red wine (sosyal di ba? haha).
250g Contadina Spaghetti
1 teaspoon Contadina Olive Oil
1/2 cup Contadina crushed/diced tomatoes
5-7 pieces shrimp (remove the shell)
1 cloves garlic
minced fresh parsley
1. Cook the pasta according to directions. Set Aside.
2. Saute the garlic and shrimp and add some red wine and Contadina crushed tomatoes. Wait for the shrimp to turn orange. Set Aside.
3. Cook the spaghetti on the pan, add some olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the parsley.
4. Add some Parmesan cheese on top and place the cooked shrimp on the side. Serve.
My husband loves this pasta, unfortunately he can’t eat the shrimp because he’s allergic (so akin lahat yun haha).
How about you what are you planning to cook this Holiday for your family?
Let me help you plan your dish and save on Contadina items. If you will join my giveaway, you might be the lucky winner to bring home a set of Contadina products. But unfortunately this giveaway is exclusive for Metro Manila residents only.
Winners will be chosen randomly.
This contest is so easy (just like my recipes above). All you need to do is share this blog post on your FB wall and tag the person or people you want to cook the holiday dish for.
Winner will be announced on December 23. Good luck!