5 Tips to Good Nasal Hygiene
We recently had our house renovated, and now my husband and I have been busy cleaning, rearranging furnitures and removing dust from our stuff. Ang alikabok sa bahay I swear!
If you are commuting I’m sure you’ll notice that just like a house, our nose accumulates mucus, dust, bacteria, viruses, and fungi too.
Me and my son always commute, and we suffer from nasal dryness, nasal crusting, and sometimes even nose bleeds. I thought that the only way to clean the nose is by picking it. Excuse me sa kumakain, but when the booger is hard, ang hirap tanggalin di ba?
Today, I’m going to share to you that Nasal Hygiene is as important as Dental Hygiene. Yes! That’s true.
I learned that it’s important to clean our nose daily.
Here are my 5 Tips to Good Nasal Hygiene:
1. Use a humidifier at home – It is advisable to maintain a humid atmosphere at home to avoid having dry nose.
2. Always Clean your Home – This is to avoid or get rid of allergens and microbes.
3. Use a seawater nasal spray which contains a sea water solution that is rich in trace elements – saline nasal spray can help keep our nose and nasal passages in tip-top condition. One brand that I discovered and learned to love was Humer Isotonic Seawater spray for Nasal Hygiene and Humer Hypertonic Solution for nasal decongestion suited for both Adult and Kids.
4. Use a tissue to clean your nose then throw it right away after using.
5. After cleaning your nose, don’t forget to wash your hands.
As the cold season will start soon, start practicing nasal hygiene, proper diet, and exercise to keep a strong immune system and be able to fight common colds and cough during this weather.
How about you mommies do you have some nasal hygiene tips?