#HappyBdayPilipinas: Here are my 6 Simple Gifts for You
This June 12, we will be celebrating our country’s 117th Independence day. I can’t imagine the life of the Filipinos during the war. I find the scene frightening every time I watch one. I am thankful for all our brothers and sisters who defended our country and fought for the next generation’s freedom. Without them, we will not have the independence we are enjoying right now.
Dahil malapit na ang Birthday ng Pilipinas, may tanong si Jollibee: Anong gift mo sa Pilipinas?
Here are my 6 simple gifts for our country:
1. Sumunod sa mga Batas– Isang simpleng halimbawa ay ang pagtawid sa tamang tawiran o paggamit ng footbridge.
2. Tangkilikin ang mga Produktong Gawa ng Pinoy– While I was strolling in the mall today, I saw this area that sells Filipino products.
I don’t usually drop by to check it out, but today parang may humihila sa’kin para sumilip. Guess what, I found valuable items that I think I’ll purchase the next time I visit the place (wala lang akong dalang cash kanina, and I always pay in cash).
3. Bumili ng mga Prutas na Galing sa Pilipinas– They say that an apple a day makes the doctors away. Did you know that our local banana is a nice substitute to apples too? Apples don’t grow in our country, so imagine how the exporter keeps them fresh before they hit the retailers. We have our local bananas and mangoes, so I think we need to buy these fruits more.
4. Suportahan ang Maliliit na Manininda– I am not hypocrite to say that I don’t buy from grocery stores. They are more convenient because it is a one stop shop and airconditioned. But I realized that grocery stores are already big, why not buy from the locals in the wet market once in a while. The vegetables are fresher and it is also cheaper there.
5. Dine at Pinoy Restaurants/Fast Food Chain – There are a lot of restaurants or fast food chains that are coming out. I for instance, have already dined in a Japanese, Korean, Thai or Italian Restaurant. Pero wag din natin kalimutang tangkilikin ang sariling atin like Jollibee. It is owned by a Filipino and hires Filipinos.
6. Vote Wisely– Isa ito sa magandang regalo sa ating bansa. Malapit na naman ang Presidential Election, so I beg fellow my Filipinos to please do some research first and this time PLEASE VOTE WISELY.
Ikaw, ANO ANG REGALO MO SA PILIPINAS?