10 Reasons to Stay at Blue Palawan
My family loves having staycations. We’ve been to various hotels and resorts around Luzon, but it’s a shame that we’ve never tried to hop on an airplane and fly. It was until last Friday that I finally deleted 2 items on my bucket list – ride a plane and visit Palawan. I told myself before that I will visit Palawan first before any other country.
Palawan is rated by National Geographic Traveler magazine as the best island destination in East and Southeast Asia region in 2007, and the 13th best island in the world having incredibly beautiful natural seascapes and landscapes. Conde Nast Traveler magazine voted its beaches, coves and islets as the tourist destination with the best beaches in Asia.
We stayed at Blue Palawan Resort at Puerto Princesa.
If you’re planning to visit Palawan soon, here are my 10 Reasons why I recommend Blue Palawan.
10 Reasons to Stay at Blue Palawan
1. Airport Transfer and Location– Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by our driver (holding a signage with our names) and we rode a van to the resort. Since it was just 15 minutes away from the airport, we were able to take a rest and settle down in our room immediately. Blue Palawan is so near the city center which provides accessibility to important town facilities and must-see destinations.
They also gave us these cool and refreshing welcome drinks 🙂
2. Cozy and Peaceful Place – Blue Palawan is located at the end of the BM Road. The beach area is so windy and peaceful, perfect for an afternoon siesta. Even with the music playing at the pool area we still feel relaxed.
3. Friendly and Attentive Staff – Whenever we visit a new place, I observe the staff most of the time (I am looking for a flaw hahaha). Here at Blue Palawan, I have noticed that they are consistent in treating their guests. They are courteous, attend to every guests’ request and greets everyone with their warm smile.
4. Yummy Authentic Dishes to Satisfy Any Palate– It’s only at Blue Palawan that we saw and tasted unique dishes like the Breaded Chicken in Mango Salsa, Beef Ribs Sinigang (without soup) and Bulalo in gravy sauce, for desserts they have Leche Flan with ripe Mango and Turon with Leche Flan.
Their Lechon Kawali although not unique is quite yummy too. It’s soo crispy from the outside yet it has a juicy and tender meat inside.
My boys loved the Breaded Chicken with Mango Salsa while I love their Molo soup. It has a lot of garlic which makes it even more tastier.
5. Comfortable Memory Foam Bed– My son barely sleeps in the afternoon, but he fell asleep not only once but twice during our stay at Blue Palawan. I saw on their brochure that they use memory foam bed, I checked it myself to see if it’s not just a marketing strategy and I was impressed that they are true to what they claim they have.
6. 24/7 Wi-Fi Connection – We were able to be online anywhere we go inside the resort facilities.
7. Tour Assistant– If you visit Palawan, of course you don’t want to stay all day in the resort. It is advisable to explore the place and see the other attractions. Blue Palawan can help you book your tour. They assisted us in booking our Firefly Watching, City Tour with Mitra Ranch and Splash House Tour.
8. Clear Blue Infinity Swimming Pool– An infinity pool welcomes you to Blue upon entering. For walk-in guests who just want to chill and relax, you can use the pool for a minimum fee that is consumable at Blue Restaurant.
9. Relaxing Beachfront – Wake up early and see the sunrise at the beach, I tell you it’s soo breathtaking.
10. Filipino Nipa Hut Rooms – I find their rooms kids friendly because every room is situated on the ground (there are no stairs to climb). If you have a disabled or elderly companion, it won’t be hard for them to move from one place to another.
Blue Palawan Room Rate:
The Blue Beach Hut Deluxe (P5,800/night)
The Blue Surf Room (P1,488/head per night)
The Blue Suite (P14,800/night)
All rooms come with…
– Free breakfast
– Bottled water
– Hot and cold shower (with double shower heads)
– Hair dryer (upon request)
– Toilet amenities
– Split-type air conditioning
– Wi-fi connection
– Extra person / extra bed will be charged P1,200/night inclusive of breakfast
– Children below 7 years old are free of charge provided that they sleep on one of the original beds (not the extra bed).
As of now, Blue Palawan haven’t installed their TVs yet. I think this is okay because kids will be forced to go out and explore the place.
Address: Hidden Beach (turn left at the end of BM Road), Puerto Princesa, Palawan 5300
Mobile No.: +639178314118