How to do a Clark Kent Costume
I can’t get over Ren’s Clark Kent costume that surprisingly made him won the “best in costume award” at the concluded Shakey’s Justice League Birthday party event.
Now I understand why some people value the recognition more than the prize or money that comes in winning. Ren being recognized and having the confidence to go in front of everybody to claim his prize is a “big thing” for me. I can’t contain my happiness. I am so thankful for Shakey’s for choosing Ren.
I also would like to commend all the parents who bought and made the costumes of their kids.
To give you an idea and maybe you may want to consider doing the Clark Kent costume this Halloween, here are some details of Ren’s costume.
Here was the inspiration:
and here is our version:
Here are the things you need to make this costume:
- Polo – (Ren used a polo given by his cousin)
- Superman (Logo) T-shirt- to put underneath the polo
- Slacks – or in our case denim jeans because Ren doesn’t have a black slacks
- necktie- for a more formal look. Unfortunately, Ren doesn’t have one and it’s quite pricey so I just opted with a formal vest that I have bought from a thrift shop for only P20.00
- eyeglasses- This is very important because this is what makes Clark Kent look different with his alter ego Superman.
- Daily Planet ID- Ren’s dad printed him an ID a night before the event. This is one of the reasons why I think made Ren won the contest. Sabi ng taga Shakey’s “nag-effort daw at may ID pa”
.. here are some pictures from the event (via ARC PR FB page)