3 Advantages and Disadvantages of having a School Service
Last July 8, Ren and I rented a school service to bring us to the school. The school service was actually a neighbor who offer his ride. The cost is cheaper than getting one from the school which made me agreed. They are only bringing us to school in the morning, and afterwards we just commute in going home. Alanganin kasi ang oras ng tapos ng klase ni Ren kesa sa ibang susunduin at ihahatid. But that’s okay because we are free to go anywhere after school.
After the strong typhoon Glenda, I realized some Advantages and Disadvantages of having a School Bus or School Service.
- Your kid will be safe from getting wet when it is raining hard because they will not commute. The School Bus will fetch and bring your kid to the school and it will also bring them back at your very doorstep afterwards.
- You will save time in doing household errands when you hire a school service. You will be able to do more things at the house.
- Getting a school service is more economical if you have only 1 kid who is going to school. You will save more on gas allowance compared to bringing and fetching your kid to school using your own car.
- You need your time to adjust based on the school service’s schedule. Unlike driving your kid directly to the school, school service have a time table of picking up one kid, then the next one and so on. Kids need to wake up earlier than usual to catch the schedule or else he/she will be left behind.
- Kids cannot stay at the school after school hours because the school service needs to be on time. They will be left behind if they have a school project to finish or other extra curricular activities.
- You are not in charge of the safety of your kid/s.
Even though Ren is riding a school service, I still come with him at the school (so the #2 advantages does not apply with me). We are glad that the school service only have 3 kids (including Ren) to bring to school in the morning and that we are all neighbors. Meaning, we don’t need to wake up so early and tag along in fetching kids from one subdivision to another.
1. If you have a neighbor who have a kid in the same school with your kid (or nearby school with your kid), it is better to have them as your kid’s school service than getting one from the school or from another place. I know they will like it more if you will share on their gas expenditure.
2. If you have 3 or more kids in the same school, I suggest to just get a car or use your own car than hiring a school service. It is more economical because the cost of the school service is per kid. Fueling up your engine is cheaper than getting a school service for 3 or more kids.