Beef with Broccoli Recipe
Brocolli is quite affordable these days.
That is why I decided to cook one of my favorite dishes to order when we are at any Chinese Restaurant – Beef with Broccoli
This was my first time to cook this dish because normally the ingredients are costly. But as I have mentioned, Broccoli are cheap nowadays so I decided to try to cook it. I just research online for the procedure.
- beef sirloin or beef tenderloin
- 1 small bundle broccoli, chopped
- cooking oil
- garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups water (for blanching)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- In a bowl marinate the beef with oyster sauce and cornstarch for about 15 minutes.
- Blanch the brocolli in a hot water for a minute. Remove and soak in cold water (set-aside)
- Heat the pan, put some cooking oil first then put the beef. Make sure the beef directly touches the pan so that it will get cooked easily. Allow to cook for about a minute.
- Flip the beef to cook the other side, then put in the garlic.
- Pour in the sauce (from the marinate), add more if you want. Bring to a boil and then add the brocolli.
- Serve hot
Note: Only hubby and I ate this dish because there is a soy sauce in it and my son is not allowed to eat foods with soy sauce because he is G6PD positive.