Advantages of an Induction Cooker
Our 6 months old Gas Stove became broken today. I just arrived from the market and about to cook our meal when I tried opening it and there was no flame coming out. Noel tried to fix it but it still did not open. Actually I am afraid whenever I use it because I heard and read a lot of tragic stories wherein the main culprit was the improper use of Gasul.
We had an Induction Cooker that is still in a box, and we are thinking of only using it in case of emergencies. And I think today is the day to finally try it since my family will get hungry if I don’t.
I am whispering a prayer while I was removing it from the box and fixing it (ang praning lang talaga ng peg). I am not like my husband who reads the instructions first before using, I usually just look at the item and say bahala na si Batman hahaha. I have noticed that there are lots of buttons in front. You can choose from the buttons what your going to cook. Since I plan to cook for Sinigang na Bangus, I clicked BOIL, and automatically the timer was set to 20 minutes.
Here are some Advantages of an Induction Cooker:
- ENERGY/HEAT EFFICIENCY- Unlike ordinary electric stoves where electricity is first converted to heat and transferred to the cooking pot through conduction, the Induction Cooker generates heat on the Cooking Pot directly through Induction, resulting in greater energy efficiency.
- SAFE TO USE AND ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY- The absence of open flame keeps the kitchen safe from any fire hazard. By significantly reducing the kitchen’s ambient heat, induction cooking increases kitchen comfort and reduces cooling and ventilation needs. Slim design and light weight also makes the unit portable.
- EASY TO CONTROL TIMER AND TEMPERATURE- The Induction Cooker is controlled by microelectronic push button switches that regulate power and temperature accurately. It can be adjusted to the needed timer setting with desired temperature level during each cooking course.
- AUTO INTELLIGENT FAILURE CHECK, SAFE AND MORE RELIABLE- The Induction Cooker automatically detects and shuts down for various adverse events such as occurrence of lightning, empty pan, high/low voltage, overheating, open/short circuits and when non-applicable pots or pans are used.
- EASY TO OPERATE, MORE CONVENIENT TO USE – More convenient to use by means of pressing push button controls with LED Display.
- ECONOMICAL- Efficient power output and reduced cooking time means less energy consumption and more costs savings.
The Disadvantage for me is that, it doesn’t work with all kinds of pans. The bottom portion of the pan needs to be flat, and because of that, I think I need to buy a new set of cookware.