100 Pesos Budget – Try Misua and Patola Soup
It’s raining cats and dogs in the Philippines right now because of the Typoon named Maring. It started last Saturday afternoon and until now (Monday August 19) it is still raining hard. This is the reason why some areas are flooded already.
Anyway, during this kind of weather it is better to stay at home and just eat. Yes, we Filipinos love to eat hahaha.
If you have a tight budget, this easy to do recipe is a must try. It only cost around P100 or less and is already good for 3-4 persons (depending on their appetites). This is perfect for this cold and rainy day.
Featuring: Misua and Patola Soup
- 1/4 Lean Ground Pork (P40.00)
- 1 whole Patola (peeled and sliced) (also known as Luffa acutangula or sponge gourd) (P10.00)
- 2 roll Misua noodles (P5 each= P10.00)
- 1 pc. Onion (P6.00)
- add Seasonings to taste
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- Cup of water
Total cost= around P80
- Put oil in a pan and saute the Onions and Lean Ground Pork. Wait for the ground pork to turn brown.
- Then put the water and the sliced patola.
- Add some seasoning like fish sauce or salt or pepper (whatever you like)
- When it boils, add the misua noddles. Stir occasionally.
- Served with rice, or eat it just like that.
This is so easy to do and fast. It will only take you 10-15 minutes to prepare and cook everything.
If you have some easy to prepare and cheap recipe, I would appreciate if you can share it with us.
Love Compoc says
Korek momshie eto din isa sa mga meal pag tight budget at masarap din higop sabaw. Mas gusto ko maraming patola hehe at kids naman marami ground pork. Appreciate the recipe Mommy ?
mommy nicquee says
One of our favorites. But Mond does not like patolo in his misua. He likes it plain or instead of just sauteing the ground pork, he creates meat balls.