Unilab Run United1 2012 Overview
This is my 3rd time to join a running event and my son’s first time. The 500m dash for kids was scheduled at 7am but we went out early from our house so that my son will not be overwhelmed with the number of people that I expected to appear in the area when the sun comes out.
Around 5:30 in the morning we are already at Buendia, and we have seen the 21km runners from BGC. I have noticed that garbage collectors are very happy this day because there are lots of empty plastic cups in the drinking stations and I am sure the junk shops will be glad too.
Anyway, here are the positive things I have observed and have read from forums:
- the runners are well hydrated thanks to Powerade
- there are also lots of portable toilets in the route
- I heard that the organizers also gave out Bananas and sponge (towel)
- there were lots of security marshals in the area.
- they provided a free shuttle from MOA to BGC and vise versa.
- there were lots of fun activities in the runner’s zone after the race
- they even gave free massages to all the runners
- there were lots of photo booths, so there were no long lines
- the finisher’s medals were very nice (especially for the 21km runners)
- the registration cost was cheap compared to what each runners got and had experienced
- I hope next time they will use paper cups. Mother earth will be happier if they will do that
- Some said that there were areas that are not well lit, so that made it hard for runners to see the path.
- All 21km runners should have a finishers t-shirt, but for some reason others claimed that they didn’t received one. I think it is because the personnel at the booth didn’t get the stab attached to the bib. They did it too in 500m dash.
- The 500m dash started late.
|thanks Ceelin 🙂|