Things that happened to me last year 2010
The year 2010 for me came easy and was gone so fast. The year 2010 was a very unforgettable year for me. Our whole family experienced so MANY hardships and trials this year. Thankfully we survived all those trials and I know we became a better and stronger person now.
- The year 2010 started with a blast when our family had serious misunderstandings with my husband’s relatives in the neighborhood. You can check out all about that here, here and here. But, thankfully before the Barangay Elections started last October, we made a mutual decision to talk about all our differences and started all over again. We accepted their apologies and they also accepted ours.
- Last May 2010, may family’s house in Alabang was caught on fire (read related story here and here). We were not able to save anything, almost all the appliances that I bought for them were gone and also some memorabilia of my sister were also lost. But still, we are very thankful that my mom was not harmed and was able to get my youngest sister’s money that she kept for a very long time in her cabinet. This tragic thing made me and my siblings realize to buy a house and lot of our own. As of now, we are still paying for the house and lot and thankfully we are already on our 7th month. Praise God! It’s still a long way to go but I believe we will get there.
- This was also the year that I realized that Ren needs lots of attention from us. I thought before that leaving him to play with his Ipod Touch and letting him watch TV is enough since through that he was able to learn his ABC’s and 123’s. I taught that those things will help us baby sits him as we make our online tasks to earn some much needed extra income. But exposing him to those things made things even worse since he was delayed in his speech development and because of that, we were advised to enroll him in a speech and occupational therapy (OT) that cost us a lot. As of now, he is undergoing once a week OT and twice a week speech therapy. One session costs P500 so that means P1,500 every week. I wanted to hang myself when I realized that I was not able to expose Ren to a world were normal kids learn to explore and socialize with each other but now I learned my lesson and hopefully Ren will be able to catch up to those kids his age.
- Compared to previous years where I always joined contests and won a lot, this year I was not able to join lots of online contests. Still, it’s okay since I was able to get some online works by being a Ghost Writer. Thank you to all my beloved bosses who gave me works last year (who are they? it’s a secret… namimiss ko na nga sila e huhuhu!!! )
- This was also the year that I was able to go back to office and work again. It’s a good thing that I had found a job that is flexible and suits with my schedule at home. Although the salary is not that big, still it gave us some additional income to meet month ends.
I am excited for the year 2011 and I am very positive that this year will be good to us. After all the trials that we’ve encountered last year, I know that we will experience our rewards this year (still crossing my finger).
Good luck to all of us and may the good Lord bless us all.
what ever happens in life we should always remember to live life to the fullest
I want to shout the same shout too!
Hooooraayyy to goals for 2011 🙂
I’m still listing mine 🙂
I hope you achieve your goals for 2011, Levy! Good luck!
Pinay Blogger says
sis, SORRY NOW LANG…pero Happy Happy New Year 🙂 Good luck in 2011 🙂
The Pinay Blogger: A Filipina Blogger’s Learnings and Earnings and My Food, Fashion, and Beauty Blog
Happy new year, hope our 2011 will be a fruitful one
Yes indeed, good luck to all of us in 2011! Happy new year Levy! 🙂