What are the things I gained from blogging?
He began this blog on his own and my only share was the name of this blog. He started this blog last year 2008, which is why at that time, most of the blog posts are all about trivias, gadgets, funny things and other geeky posts since he is the one making it.
When I decided to be a stay at home mom and Noel is starting to have some online jobs (thanks to Odesk) I noticed that he can’t update this blog anymore due to lack of time. That’s why I decided to take over but at first I don’t know what to write.
There are so many things in my mind but I don’t know if people will like it. Noel said that the article should be interesting so that reader will keep coming back.
To have an idea on what to write, I blog hop via entrecard and from there I saw different kinds of blogs. When my husband explained to me about the different opportunities you can get online I didn’t believe it, until I saw for myself the proof of income that other bloggers received. But, I also realized that this is not easy money. If you are new in blogging, you must double or better yet triple your time in promoting your blog. I started commenting on other blogs and asked for exchange links and sometimes I post my article in forum sites to gain some traffic. I realized that my hard work was awarded when Mr.Google gave me a Page rank of 3 from 2 after only a few months.
Until now, I really can’t believe how blogging changed my world. I hate English classes when I was studying and I admit I am not a very good writer; my choice of words are very simple, but I am proud to say that through time, little by little it was developed.
As proof I won in different online contests through article writing.
- My Shopaholic Confession entry via Nuffnang was luckily chosen as one of the 20 finalist that won a premiere night ticket for 2 for the movie “Confessions of a Shopaholic”.
- 2nd Placer on the Red Ribbon White Forest Experience, wherein I won Red Ribbon Gift Certificate worth P2,000
- Consolation winner on “YouSayToo $1,000 dream gift” where I won $500 via Paypal.
- Consolation winner on “Real Leaf Paparazzi Contest of Nuffnang” where I received 6 boxes (24pcs./box) of 480ml. Real Leaf Tea in 3 different flavors.
- Consolation Winner on Earthlingorgeous Anniversary Contest where I won $10 via paypal.
- Consolation Winner at Make a Wish Contest of JustAnotherPixel where I won 1,000 EC Credits
- Grand Prize winner of “Organized or Messy Desk, which is better?” where I won $125 via Western Union.
Praise God for all these blessings. I may have lost in some contests that I joined but I am very thankful that I also won big in some.
Also, through blogging I received some paid opps and advertisers who generously pay every month and when I reach their minimum pay-out. One of my advertiser (Google) for example paid me $109.36 after a year that this blog was set-up (the duration depends on the number of clicks on their ads). It’s quite long but its okay, I just consider it as a yearly bonus. Click here for the proof.
Some bloggers earn more, and when I say more we are talking about 4-5 digits in peso every month, and I am still patiently waiting that I will earn that big too. I know there’s a lot to do here, but I know in time I can do it too. Maybe I’ll start with getting my own domain.
Now, if some of you are still doubtful that there’s real money on the internet then check out other blogger’s posts about their journey online. Just visit Redamethyst contest.
*** By the way, this post is my official entry to Red 1st Blogversary Contest!
what ever happens in life we should always remember to live life to the fullest