Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 (ZE500KL) Review
ASUS Zenfone 5 is my very first android phone, it’s just last year that I had it. I consider myself as a late bloomer in owning an android phone, yet I’m happy that I have waited for the Asus Zenfone 5.
Last May, the ASUS Zenfone 2 was launched here in the Philippines. I was one of the few who are lucky to be there and get a first dib on that amazing phone (read my review of ASUS Zenfone 2 HERE). I was able to convince some of my readers and friends to buy it and they were happy with their purchase.
Now we got our hands on the new Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 and just by looking at the specs my husband finds it interesting and he likes it!
For those who doesn’t know, both my son and his dad are getting more serious in their video blogging. My son loves robot toys and his dad enjoys filming him while talking about it. Visit my son’s YouTube channel here – www.youtube.com/channel/UChqYTdIpQGMkpF9ejUN6AYA
They were using the Asus Zenfone 5 for both taking pictures and filming but as my geeky husband said, it’s an amazing product but there’s still something missing with it. It’s camera lacks a manual mode and sometimes the video is out of focus.
The ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser was just released this August together with the ASUS Zenfone 2 Selfie and Zenfone Go.
I am not used to doing video reviews, but my husband and son are doing it already and I decided to try it too. Please excuse some lags. I did it on my own. My husband’s jobs was just to edit it because I do one take per area. Also, he was the one who did the cartoon drawing for you to see how the video of the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 works.
Without further ado, here is a video of my review:
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 (ZE500KL) specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with 70% screen to body ratio
- Corning gorilla glass 4 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 8GB / 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 8MP Rear Camera Aperture, 5-element lens, Auto focus, Dual Color Flash
- 5MP Front Camera f/2.0 Aperture, wide-angle 85˚Pano Selfie
- Dimensions: 71.5×143.7×10.5~3.9 mm
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2070 mAh battery (removable)
- Colors: Pure Black, Ceramic White, Glamour Red; Hairline design : Glacier Gray, Sheer Gold, Aqua Blue
- PHP 7,695.00 retail price
This is the promotional video from ASUS if you want to see more
My verdict, as I have mentioned on the video, the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is one of the best starter camera phones out now with it’s price range.
There is a 5.5 inch wide with 13MP rear camera of ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser too. You can get it for additional P1,000 I think, which is not bad for the specs it provide.
So guys if you’re looking for a new android phone, ASUS Zenfone is highly recommended. Get one now!