5 Scenarios Why People Go To Pawnshops
The first time I was introduced to a pawnshop and what it wa all about was as early as second year high school. As a typical high school kid, my friends and I sometimes go out and stroll around the mall. There was this time that we don’t have enough cash to use to watch a movie and dine, napakagaling ng kaibigan kong to at naisipan nyang pumunta sa pawnshop at isangla ang gold necklace nya. Hindi ko alam paano, kung may age limit ba that time or dinaya nya ang papel. Basta after nyang lumabas ng pawnshop may dala na syang pera. Pagkatapos nun ayun napagalitan sya ng nanay nya. 🙂
Then the first time I did it on my own was when I helped a friend with her hospital expenses because they don’t have enough cash. Tinawagan nila ako habang nasa fun run, syempre di ko naman dala don ang wallet ko. Nag aalangan ako umuwi ng bahay to get my ATMs kaya naisip kong isangla ang suot kong hikaw na lang (buti na lang suot ko). Ayun dinala ko agad sa ospital ang pera para makabili sila ng dapat bilhin.
Pawning really helps someone in times of need. It’s the quickest way to get a small amount of cash.
5 Scenarios Why People Go To Pawnshops
1. When You Want to Pay For Your Child’s Tuition Fee in Cash – some schools offer a huge discount as big as 20% of the school year’s tuition fee if you will pay in cash early. If you don’t have enough savings to pay in full, you can opt to pawn some of your valuable things to cover for the entire amount. For highest appraisal, I suggest choose Cebuana Lhuillier.
2. When You’re Short on Budget For House Renovation – when you’re in the middle of a house renovation or when you are almost done but the budget runs out and you can’t just stop with the construction. One of the solutions is to borrow from someone or to pawn if you don’t want to disturb other people.
3. During Emergency – you can pawn not only gold jewelries but also other items like musical instruments, designer bags and gadgets. It’s just that gold jewelries have higher value than some of the items I have mentioned. During emergency situations, you need to produce money fast and pawning is one of the quickest way to get cash fast.
4. When you want to purchase “subasta” jewelries – it’s unfortunate that sometimes people were not able to get back their pawned jewelries, so what the pawnshop does is display it on their store for a possible buyer. If you are looking for golds and afraid to get a fake one, pawnshop should be your place to go. Plus they offer discounts and you can be sure that the jewelries you are buying are authentic.
5. For a Good Cause – When you wanted to help but you don’t have cash at the moment, you can pawn any of your valuable item. Yes that happened to me before, as I have mentioned I pawned my jewelry when I learned that a friend was in the hospital and badly need the money. My conscience will kill me if something bad happened to her and I did not do something about it.
If I can, I would help because I believe in Karma. I want people to also help me when I’m the one in need or even my son in the future when he needs it. That’s why when Ruth delaCruz asked me and my Kumare Bloggers to help her with her charity, we did not hesitate to say yes.
The Kumares, agreed to pawn Mommy Pehpot’s necklace to get cash immediately to give to Ruth and just divide the cost we got from pawning the jewelry among ourselves (to be able to get the necklace back).
We have chosen to pawn at Cebuanna Lhuillier because they are in this business for quite a long time and we trust them. They have 2,500 branches nationwide and that means they are doing good in this business. PLUS, they have a higher appraisal value than others (I know this because I have compared them to other pawnshops before).
Also, they take good care of your jewelries. Yung hindi nababawasan ang haba ng kwintas mo pagbalik sayo. ang packaging nila ay sealed with your signature on it.
Yes you should look for a pawnshop that would provide you with nothing less than the best value.
I was so happy when I saw the kids at Mindoro receiving the gifts we gave them.
I hope we could do another charity work soon and I hope we could personally be there to meet the people.
BTW, here’s a video of us the day we did this: