10 Things To Accomplish at the Start of the Year
January is the perfect time to list down things you need to accomplish. I’m writing mine here so that you will also have an idea on what you need to do at the start of the year.
1. Pay your Real Property Tax – if you own a house and lot then it’s advisable to pay your amilyar or real property tax at the start of the year. Paying for the entire year in advance will also give you a 20% discount of the total amount.
2. Pay your PhilHealth – The start of the year is also the perfect time to pay for your PhilHealth so that it will not be included in your monthly or quarterly bills that you need to remember.
3. Get a PSA copy of you and your kids important documents – If you are planning to transfer your kids to a new school or if it’s their first time to go to school, you should prepare the PSA copy of their Birth Certificates now. In case you don’t have a copy of your own records (birth certificate and marriage contract), then get one too.
4. Look or Inquire for a New School for your kids – yes don’t wait for summer vacation to do this. I prefer to visit schools when there are still classes so that I can see the kids doing their regular/normal activities. I can even interview parents about the school. Kapag summer, wala ng tao sa school.
5. Renew your Fire Insurance or Get a Fire Extinguisher – this should be done yearly, and the start of the year is the perfect time to do it also.
6. Schedule a Visit to the Dentist – this should be done twice a year to avoid forgetting when was the last time you have visited one, the first month of the year is the best time to do it.
7. Schedule an Annual Physical Exam – to check if your health is at it’s best condition and if not, do something for the whole year to correct it so that the following year, there will be some changes in the results.
8. General Cleaning – give away or sell things you don’t use anymore, this gives more space to your area.
9. Plan your family vacation
10. Check your assets and liabilities – It’s important to know your financial situation so that you can do something about it for the entire year. Assets should be bigger than your list of liabilities. In case it’s the opposite then do something to lessen your liabilities for the entire year.
As you have noticed, most of the things listed here need MONEY to accomplish. That’s why I advice not to spend all your money on holidays (keep this in mind for next year okay).
Perhaps I forgot something, I hope you could share yours.